Prestashop: Ecommerce Platform Review
Prestashop is an open-source ecommerce platform. It was founded back in 2007. It powers more than 165,000 online stores all over the world in 63 llanguages.
Prestashop has more than 310 features and it comes with more than 3500 templates and modules. Here is a list of some of the major features of Prestashop.
- It comes with several marketing features including newsletters, coupons, loyalty programs, automatic email follow-ups and many others.
- It comes with a complete analytic and reporting suite that makes reporting and analysis a piece of cake.
- It has more than 3500 templates and modules.
- Prestashop boosts the search engine ranking of the online store to a great extent.
Since Prestashop is an open source platform therefore it is free to use. Prestashop is free to download and use. However any add-on features that you choose aren’t free for instance Amazon integration is priced $280 and MailChimp integration will cost you $200. Most of the templates are free but you will see that all the professional and decent templates aren’t free.
- The biggest advantage of using Prestashop is that it is free.
- It is open source ecommerce platform which means you can use it and amend it in any way you like. There are no limitations at all.
- SEO is a major positive aspect of using Prestashop. It is sure to improve SEO of your online store.
- Prestashop is fully mobile compatible.
- Add-ons are very expensive.
- Customer support isn’t free.
- Settings are hard to find
- Users have reported Prestashop is very buggy which means it is not easy to start using it without fixing all the bugs.
Ease of Use
Prestashop is, unfortunately, not very easy to use. There are several complaints on how modules are set up and finding functionality on the back end of the site. You cannot setup your online store if you don’t have any technical knowledge because it needs a lot of technical knowledge.
If you are using Prestashop platform on your online store can be customized in many ways but takes a bit of coding knowledge, or you can hire an expert to make the changes as per your needs. Second, you will find a lot of add-ons. on the good side the add-ons provide much of the functionality you would need.